bbobb's place

A snapshot of whatever random silliness or naughtiness is going through my head at the time I post. Be warned it can be a scary place inside my mind at times.

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

23 October 2006

What are your implements made of?

Let’s talk about materials. What materials does everybody like for their spanking implements? Is there a difference between the spankees and spankers?

Personally, I really like wood and leather. They give great sounds and they produce excellent color. I’ve also tried my hand, which is fun now and then, but just doesn’t give the same sounds as a nice wooden paddle or a leather slapper. I’ve also tried plastic and maybe it’s something about being a synthetic product rather than a natural product, but it just doesn’t have the same appeal.


Another reason for the appeal of wood and leather is that I can fashion my own toys out of these materials. Then I get to enjoy making them, doing the product testing, and finally using them (which doesn't differ much from product testing, but I come up with a different reason for applying them).

I’ve yet to try rattan or bamboo or any other type of cane - maybe someday in the not too distant future. :-) Another couple of materials that I haven’t tried are metal and rubber. Aside from occasionally looking at a spatula and going, “Hmmm...” I’d never even really considered them. But not too long ago, I discovered JT’s Stockroom. Wow, has that place got some great toys.

A couple that really caught my eye are this paddle:


And this one this one:

Are those amazing or what? I can only imagine the sounds that the first makes and if that second one can really make tread marks on Kasey's bottom, I'd almost be willing to trade my youngest child for it (actually the kid is available for sale or barter, make an offer :-) ). I wonder if the aluminum one makes a polka dot pattern?

The problem of course is the price. Maybe I'm just cheep, but $108 dollars plus shipping for a paddle, $60 for a bit of recycled tire tread? I know nothing about metal working and I don't really want to get into it, but you know, I could pretty easily make a wooden handle to hold a piece of tire. Hmmm...

Let's hear from some of the others in the crowd (just how many do you need to qualify as a crowd?). What materials do you like or loathe?

Hope you're all getting as lucky as you want to be,

bbobb


3 Comments:

Blogger kasey said...

Sorry the kid is not for trade. And I really, really don't like that stupid leather tack you use on me -- it just isn't flexible and nice the way the slapper is.

23 October, 2006 18:39  
Blogger Caryagal said...

hi!

Me I like my hickory slapper best. It is a great paddle. It is made by spanking paddles by walt. I also enjoy the dogging bat we got from a farm store, and of course... my husbands hand!

Carye

23 October, 2006 21:03  
Blogger bbobb said...

Okay, time to admit to my ignorance. What is a dogging bat? None of the images that come to mind really lend themselves to spanking.

bbobb

p.s. Just send me an email if interested in the kid, we can probably work something out - maybe if I include a nice leather strap in bargain. ;-)

24 October, 2006 08:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home