bbobb's place

A snapshot of whatever random silliness or naughtiness is going through my head at the time I post. Be warned it can be a scary place inside my mind at times.

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

16 October 2006

bbobb the toymaking elf

As I mentioned in my first post, I'm an amateur woodworker and I've started making some of my own toys. It's my theory that there's nothing in this world that can't be perverted if you try hard enough. For evidence supporting this idea see my wife's blog entry Hubby is trying to make me dislike the spanker in which Horton Hears a Who and children's toys are put to perverted uses.

Anyway back to the subject of toys. I thought some of my loyal readers - all two of you (thanks Kasey and Mom [Please note that the reference to my mother was meant in jest and I'm pretty sure she knows nothing about my sex life.]) - would like to see some of the toys.

So I started off with a paddle. I had a nice piece of African Paduak about the right size to make a decent sized paddle. It was 3/4" thick though so I resawed it down into two pieces, one about 3/8" and the other a little less than 3/8". WooHoo! Now I had enough for one big paddle and two ruler paddles like this one. The big paddle was the first toy I completed.


Next I made a spreader bar. Kasey has a bad habit of not always keeping the proper position with her legs adequately spread, so I decided she needed a little help. The first one was a little over two feet and it wasn't quite long enough, so I made a second one that's right around three feet wide and that one works pretty well. These were made from purpleheart and could really use a few coats of polyurethane to bring out the beautiful purple color.


Next up were some nipple clamps similar to these. Mine are a little beefier on one side and use hanger bolts so that the bolts only show on the side where you attach the wingnuts. They were made out of some lovely figured cherry and unfortunately my nipple model is unavailable, so I can't share a picture of them today. Once she is available again, I'll get a picture and post it.

After all of those toys, I finally got around to making that ruler paddle that Kasey originally asked about. It was also from the orange paduak that the big paddle was from.

Recently, I've also started learning leather working so I could make even more toys. My first, and only so far, completed leather project is a locking cuff. This the first of a set of wrist, ankle, thigh, waist and neck cuffs. Personally, I think black leather is bit clichéd, so I'm working with tan leather. Fortunately, my hand model was available.

Well that's what I've made so far. I'll be finishing up the set of cuffs next and then moving onto a bit gag and a couple of leather slappers - one with a braided handle so a whole new skill for me to learn.

Hope you're all getting as lucky as you want to be,

bbobb

5 Comments:

Blogger Happy Husband said...

make that 3 loyal readers

16 October, 2006 12:53  
Blogger bbobb said...

Dad, I told you not to comment on my blog.

Just kidding.

I stand corrected, three loyal readers. :-)

16 October, 2006 13:51  
Blogger Happy Husband said...

Well i feel as your father I have to keep an eye on you.

16 October, 2006 15:15  
Blogger Caryagal said...

Cool! Your wife is a lucky girl! :-) So far we're buying all our toys... I think the kids might ask what he was making if he made anything! guess we'll have to wait until they're out of the house in about 20 years! I love the looks of them! I agree. Black leather isn't for us either... there are so many nice leather and wood colors instead!

Carye

17 October, 2006 22:26  
Blogger bbobb said...

I've got a shop in the basement, so I can work on stuff down there, because the kids are only allowed in with permission. With the tools and stuff and it's just not safe for them to go whenever they want.

He could always make stuff after they go to bed. Of course if he made stuff there would probably have to be extensive product testing. :-)

18 October, 2006 06:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home